How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod have a lot space offered of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically designed Click Wheel where you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also designed in such a way that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user in terms of modification and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in terms of look, either in regards to software application or hardware. Numerous firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod simplying playing music, nevertheless, some individuals utilize iPod hacks since they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest innovation capabilities have actually provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any house electronic devices in your house. It can control your tv, DVD player, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially tape the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are needed prior to starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important component in this iPod hacks project is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is meant to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include customer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR device would not work effectively if you missed this essential action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote managing any home electronic equipment.
This basic example of iPod hacks is certainly really easy to understand. Software applications are already readily available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely dangerous with concerns to its effects on your iPod device. Unless handled by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not right.