How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically designed Click Wheel in which you can do fast forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a method that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by using iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user in regards to customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in regards to look, either in regards to software application or hardware. Various firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are readily available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people utilize iPod hacks since they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation capabilities have actually provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any home electronic devices in your house. It can control your tv, DVD player, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are needed prior to starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR device
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial component in this iPod hacks project is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is indicated to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR abilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not operate properly if you missed this crucial action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any house electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly very simple to understand. Softwares are already offered that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely dangerous with concerns to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is not right.